Good news! Airlines will resume domestic flights within India from 25th May onward. Consult the new guidelines and protocols set up to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Domestic flight in Covid-19 era
While travel is still restricted to compelling purposes, airlines are now allowed to resume gradually their commercial flights within India.
But you won't be allowed to fly if you have tested positive for CoVid-19 in the last two months, or if you come from a containment zone. Pregnant ladies, elders and people with health issues are advised not to fly either.
Strict safety protocols
The government has issued a set of guidelines for travelers as well as airlines:
Or read below:
1. Planning your trip
- Check the health protocols at destination, on the State or Union Territory's official website.
- Provide all passengers' email and mobile number when you book.
Tip: Contact us before booking for accurate and updated info.
2. Before you fly
- Web check-in. Print your boarding pass or save it in your smartphone.
- Only one checked in baggage allowed. Download and print your baggage tag, or copy the PNR number and your name on a thick paper. Affix it on your suitcase.
- Only one small cabin baggage allowed. It should fit under the seat in front of you.
- Be self-reliant! Pack your own food and entertainment.
- Self attest your health status on Aarogya Setu app.
Pack light! Usage of trolleys at the airport is discouraged.
3. Transfer to airport
- Use an authorized cab with online payment facility.
- Check your domestic flight status before leaving.
- Fully charge your smartphone for e-documents.
Book your cab in advance with a reliable agent, to avoid last minute stress.
4. At the airport
- Reach at least two hours in advance.
- Wear a mask and carry a sanitizer.
- Thermal screening, health status and ID check required at entry gate.
- Paperless formalities: your baggage receipt will be sent by SMS.
- Check in counter will close 60 minutes before take off.
- Respect seating instructions and sanitizing protocols.
Avoid metallic items such as belt, jewels, shoes to facilitate security checks.
5. Boarding your domestic flight
- Receive your safety kit from your airlines: mask, face shield and sanitizer. Wear the mask and face shield throughout the flight.
- Follow instructions for sequential boarding.
- Keep your protective gear on.
- No in-flights meals, eatables not allowed.
- No distribution of magazines or in-flight sales.
- Airlines will be allowed to hand over water.
- Don't queue at lavatory.
The full guidelines for domestic flights are available on the Ministry of Civil Aviation's website.
Contact us to book a domestic flight, taxi services or hotels. We guarantee personalized support for web check in, flight status and to update you with the latest guidelines.