Wild forests, tea estates, spice gardens, palm-fringed beaches. Kerala invites you to relax and relish.
10 days / 9 nights
Cochin – Munnar – Wagamon – Kumarakom – Allepey – Kovalam – Trivandrum
- Quaint heritage lanes of Fort Kochi
- Serene backwater Houseboat cruise
- Energizing waves at Kovalam beaches
Day 1 : Cochin
Arrival in Kochi Airport and transfer to Fort Kochi. Different communities have long cohabited in the eclectic city. Wander along the jetty to observe Chinese fishing nets.
Day 2 : Kochi
Visit Pardesi synagogue, Mattancherry Dutch Palace
and Saint Francis Church. Evening attend a traditional Kathakali dance show.
Day 3 : Kochi / Munnar
Drive to Munnar along tea estates and forests in the Nilgiri Hills.
Day 4 : Munnar
Hike around a tea estate and visit Munnar Tea Museum. Visit Christ Church, a hundred-year old church dedicated to tea farmers.
Day 5 : Munnar / Wagamon
Drive through forested mountains and rubber plantations. Stay in Thekkady, Periyar or Wagamon. Stroll around spice gardens and markets.
Day 6 : Wagamon / Kumarakom
Option to trek in the Jungle. Then drive to backwaters of Kumarakom, on the banks of Vembanad Lake. Ride a canoe through paddy fields, coconut lagoons and coir villages.
Day 7 : Backwaters Cruise
Board a Kettuvalom, a traditional Bamboo-made rice boat converted into an intimate houseboat on sail. Enjoy the cruise to Alappuzha.
Day 8 : Alappuzha / Kovalam
Leave the Houseboat at Alleppey Jetty and drive South. Visit Krishnapuram traditional palace. Check in your resort and relax on the crescent beach of Kovalam.
Day 9 : Kovalam
Day at leisure on the beach. Treat yourself with ayurvedic massages and local food delights. Or take a trip to Kanyakumari (Cape Comorin) at the southernmost point of India.
Day 10 : Kovalam / Trivandrum
Morning yoga class. Then departure transfer to Trivandrum Airport.
Average travel time:
- 2 to 5-hour drive between halts.
When to go:
- Ideal from October to February.
- Monsoon rains in June & July
- In recent years Kerala has experienced floods in August.
Spice up your trip:
- Stay in a colonial bungalow.
- Trek in a plantation estate or a wild forest.
- Extend the trip to Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Laccadive or Maldive Islands.
- Rejuvenate yourself with an Ayurvedic wellness retreat.
Monument closing days:
- Mattancherry Palace on Fridays
- Pardesi Synagogue on Fridays, Saturdays and Jewish holidays.